This is for players of clarinet, fife, flute, saxophone, bassoon, oboe, cornet, baritone, euphonium, trombone, trumpet, tuba.
Tuesdays or Wednesdays 4pm to 4.45pm
- All pupils in their second year of lessons, or teacher recommendation.
- to be working towards an IPE examination on a brass or woodwind instrument.
Members of Foundation band have the opportunity to play in a large band with a variety of instrumental sounds playing music of differing styles; classical, pop, musicals etc
Wednesdays 4:45pm to 5.30pm
- all pupils in their third year of lessons and beyond, or teacher recommendation
- to have passed ABRSM brass/woodwind grade 2-5 examination
- members of Intermediate band have the opportunity to play in a large band with a variety of instrumental sounds playing music of differing styles; classical, pop, musicals etc
Symphonic Wind Band
Mondays 6.30pm to 8pm
- teacher recommendation
- to have passed ABRSM grades 5-8 woodwind, brass and percussion practical examinations
- members of Symphonic wind band will have the opportunity to play a variety of music of differing genres and styles including popular, classical and contemporary film scores
Wednesdays 4.45pm to 5.30pm
- open to all pupils on teacher recommendation – brass and woodwind pupils
- members of Jazz band have the opportunity to play jazz, pop and funk tunes and be introduced to improvisation